Are you looking for a place to live in Amsterdam, and the surrounding areas? Are you looking for rental properties in Amsterdam, and the surrounding areas? Vastgoedzaak is the real estate company that can help you. We have over 20 years of experience in mediating on the housing market to find suitable properties for tenants like you.
In only 7 steps you can find and rent a property through Vastgoedzaak:
- Register online for free
- Browse Vastgoedzaak’s listings
- Make an appointment for a viewing
- View the property with a realtor
- Sign the rental agreement
- Inspection and key transfer
- Extra services
1. Register online for free
Here you can register to receive updates on our current listings.Registration is free of costs.
You can also place a search query with us. Vastgoedzaak will find a suitable property for you. When you have placed a search query with us, you pay Vastgoedzaak a (non-recurring) commission fee if the property we find for you is listed with another broker.
2. Browse Vastgoedzaak’s listings
You will always find the most up-to-date listings on our website. Other brokers don’t always show up-to-date listings. The description of each property clearly states if the property is furnished or semi-furnished, the size of the property (in square meters) and the monthly rent. Should you have questions about a property, of course you can always contact Vastgoedzaak.
3. Make an appointment for a viewing
When you have found a suitable property that you would like to see, you can call one of our realtors for an appointment, or book an appointment directly online by clicking the ‘make an appointment’ button. Viewings generally take place during Vastgoedzaak’s office hours. Our office hours are Mon.-Fri. from 9.30 a.m. to 6.00 p.m. (closed on bank holidays).
4. View the property with a realtor
A realtor from Vastgoedzaak will be present at the viewing. You will view the property privately: there will be no other potential tenants viewing the property at the same time. When you have placed a search query with us, we will try to plan multiple viewings on the same day.
5.Sign the rental agreement
After the viewing, we will try to give you enough time to make the right decision. Like you, we prefer the right decision rather than a fast decision. When you decide that you would like to rent the property, please let us know as soon as possible in the way that was agreed during the viewing. Vastgoedzaak will then contact the landlord/broker to introduce you as the potential tenant, using your signed declaration of intent. Upon the landlord’s agreement, Vastgoedzaak will prepare the rental agreement and ensure that it is signed by both parties.
To prepare the rental agreement, we ask the tenant to provide the following documents*:
- Declaration of intent
- Copy of a valid passport/ID card
- Copy of a recent salary statement (not older than 2 months)
- Valid employment agreement/employer’s statement with employer’s contact details
- Housing permit (filled out by previous landlord)
- Bank guarantee, should the tenant not meet the income requirements
To prepare a business rental agreement, we ask the tenant to provide the following documents*:
- Declaration of intent
- Copy of a valid passport/ID card of the tenant
- Extract of the registration at the Dutch Chamber of Commerce (not older than 3 months)
- Copy of a valid passport/ID card of the business owner (as in the register of the Dutch Chamber of Commerce)
- Bank guarantee or rental guarantee
* Are there circumstances that make it impossible for you to provide the documents above? Don’t worry, in many cases, we can still be of help. Don’t hesitate to contact us for more information.
Upon signing the rental, you pay Vastgoedzaak the first month’s rent and the deposit. The landlord will return your deposit at the end of the rental period. Vastgoedzaak cannot be held liable for the return of the deposit.
Should you have more detailed questions about the rental agreement, please don’t hesitate to contact Vastgoedzaak.
6. Inspection and key transfer
When both parties have signed the rental agreement, an appointment will be made for the inspection and key transfer to take place at the property. During the key transfer, Vastgoedzaak will inspect the property using an inventory list, and write an inspection report. In addition, Vastgoedzaak will take pictures of the property during the inspection. Within two weeks after completion of the key transfer and property inspection, both the landlord and the tenant will receive an email with the signed documents and the pictures.
7. Extra services
Vastgoedzaak offers extra services such as: help putting all utilities in your name, advice on interior decorating, cleaning services and moving service.
For more information, please contact one of our realtors or fill in below contact form and we will contact you.